Interested in telling us your stewardship story? Hooray!
What are the requirements?
- The story must be true and about you!
- The story must have a stewardship theme.
- Maximum length: 3 minutes/500-word limit
Christian stewardship recognizes that all of our possessions (both tangible and intangible) have been given to us by God. God is the owner. We are the managers. Your story must be about your stewardship of your time or talents or resources for the glory of God. “I overslept and got lost” is fun to tell friends at a party, but a compelling stewardship story is the one you tell someone special to you, in an intimate café.
Stewardship stories usually fit one or more of these points:
- Stewardship categories: finances, tithe, taxes, making ends meet, family relationships, stress, health, work/home balance, addiction, investment
- Something very important is gained
- Something very important is lost
- Outside events create a crucial struggle
If Stewardship Ministries is interested in your story, we will get in touch and go over your story together. We will work with you on making the strong parts stronger.
Principles to Remember
- Consider your audience — choose a framework and details that will best resonate with your listeners.
- Identify the moral or message you want to impart.
- Find inspiration in your life experiences.
- Assume you don’t have storytelling chops — we all have it in us to tell memorable stories.
- Tell a story that takes place largely inside your head
- Overwhelm your story with unnecessary details.
To view some sample stewardship stories, click here.
Fill out the form below, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.